Monday, July 13, 2009

Screw those taxi drivers

I took the most expensive cab ride home last Friday night.

After a casual dinner, I decided to take a cab home since it was quite late then. Taxis come and go after I asked them for the price. Many tried their best in chopping my wallet off by demanding 3 times the usual price I pay them.

Questioning the taxi drivers on why they do not use the metre, allowed me in accepting their most hilarious answer, as expected. Since there was quite a jam, I, as a passenger should have the obligation to pay them extra since their legs worked hard on the clutch and brake.

I then decided if I have to pay these taxi drivers 3 times more, I should screw my night by taking an executive taxi instead. This taxi is the blue taxi which normal people like me usually avoid or pretend not to look into their direction when the taxi driver asks where your destination is.

15 minutes later, I reached home safely in a platter of slight satisfaction and shock. The taxi fare amounted to 3 times I normally pay to go home. However, whilst I was trying my best to enjoy my cushy executive taxi ride, my heartbeat just couldnt stop skipping irregularly. I swear the taxi metre was running 20 cents simultaneously in every 10 seconds . That is how it amounted to 3 times the normal fare.

Thus, it was not surprising when I overheard a HongKee couple complaining about Malaysia's public transport system, and I couldn't defend my own country on the spot because I couldn't agree more!

0 comments: