Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mrs.chua

I was surprised by a lady when I got into my designated cab. Uncle Chua, my all time favourite taxi driver drove his wife along to pick me up this time. He said: "Sorry, Ms. Lo, my wife too bored at home." So, I guess this is a-day-out date for them, with me [the passenger] sitting behind as a light bulb.

What surprised me was not the woman seated beside uncle Chua, it was her age or should I say, her aging look that surprised me. I had imagined her as a 50 year old plus lady whenever uncle Chua mentioned about his wife, which to my surprise, a 70 year old looking face is the only what I can put to a name today. Although she looked like his elder sister rather than his wife, nothing could compare with uncle Chua's compassionate love for his wife. Out of the corner of my eyes, he caressed her hand once in a while whilst driving.

The many times Uncle Chua drove me around, there was never music in his car as his radio was stolen many years back. However, I was greeted by the repeated chants of Edelweiss from uncle Chua's mobile radio today. I am pretty sure his wife is well-entertained.

Accompanied by cheesy songs and sweet, old couple on a cloudy morning.
Hmm..What more can I say?

2 comments:

5windsOfvenus said...

Hello from Montreal!

You don't know me... I am in Canada and I clicked the "next blog" to see what would happen.... and hence I came upon your blog!

Very interesting glimpse into your cab ride....

selinalxy said...

[5windsOfVenus]: Hi! Thanks for dropping by. :)